Avoid Emergency Plumbing Service This Fall in 5 Steps
Homeowners never plan for emergency plumbing services like a burst pipe or a broken toilet, even though an issue is likely to pop up unexpectedly.
When plumbing emergencies arise, they can be as simple as a clogged pipe or as complex as a flooded basement. Knowing who you are going to call as soon as something happens could mean the difference between a simple repair and thousands of dollars in damage.
Given the annual climate changes within the Delaware area and the age of most homes in the region, it’s probable that you will experience at least one plumbing emergency in your lifetime. When that time comes, you will want the best emergency plumbing service in the area by your side.
With fall around the corner, there are some things you can do to prepare and prevent plumbing problems this time of year. After all, a little preparation now will help you avoid the need for emergency plumbing service when the temperature drops.
- Check sump pumps to ensure they are well insulated and free of debris.
- Disconnect outside hoses after each use, and make sure faucets don’t drip or leak.
- Prepare to blow out all outside sprinkler lines and close all interior shut-off valves.
- Check the insulation on pipes in unheated areas such as garages and crawlspaces.
- Make sure your water heater is calibrated for winter use.
For more information about how you can protect your home, contact the professionals at Sobieski Services. We can take care of any emergency plumbing service in your Delaware and surrounding-area home!
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wilmington, Delaware and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
Image Credit: a440