Protect Valuable Equipment With An Extended HVAC Warranty
Today’s HVAC components are built for durability, and they’re designed to provide many years of efficient service. Typically, the warranty that comes with a new air conditioner, gas furnace, air handler, or heat pump won’t match the unit’s full expected lifespan. If you want extra protection for this valuable equipment, the extended HVAC warranties offered by a manufacturer can give you peace of mind over a longer term. Depending on the type you choose, an extended warranty can offer these key advantages:
- You can have both parts and labor coverage in the event of mechanical or electrical failures.
- You can enjoy worry-free service from your manufacturer’s reputable local contractor if and when your equipment needs repair.
- You can choose a warranty period that matches your needs and budget. The coverage length can range from three to twelve years beyond your basic warranty period, depending on the equipment type.
- If you decide to sell your home during this time, your extended HVAC warranty can be transferred for a small fee.
- You can save money on extras such as deductibles, service fees and trips charges when covered repairs are required.
Generally, HVAC equipment manufacturers offer two types of supplemental warranties:
Extended Limited Warranties
An original limited manufacturer’s warranty covers parts such as compressors, controls, thermostats, and heat exchangers for a set time period. An extended limited warranty simply continues this original coverage for “x” number of years for an additional charge.
Enhanced Extended Warranties
Some manufacturers offer “complete care” warranties that cover both labor and parts on repairs to HVAC system components regardless of the brand. For a set cost, you’ll have more comprehensive coverage that begins when your original manufacturer’s warranty expires. This type of extended warranty provides well-rounded protection, and lets you rest easy that you won’t face the headache of unexpected costs for covered repairs. To learn more about extended HVAC warranties and their benefits, contact us today at Sobieski Services.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
Photo Credit: MSVG via Compfight cc