A NATE-Certified HVAC Technician Offers Homeowners Loads of Benefits
How do you know whether the technician who arrives at the door to work on your costly HVAC equipment is properly trained? Ask your contractor whether their technicians have a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification. NATE technicians have passed rigorous exams that test their knowledge and hands-on skill before they’re certified, which can bring you a lot of benefits.
Benefits of NATE Certification
- Longer equipment life. NATE-certified technicians have the training and experience needed to ensure your HVAC equipment is installed correctly and maintained properly, which helps prolong its service life.
- Enhanced energy efficiency. When preventative care is performed by a knowledgeable pro, the entire HVAC system runs at optimal efficiency. Energy waste is minimized and your yearly operating costs are kept under control.
- Greater home comfort. A well maintained system can keep a home comfortable even during periods of increased demand. When cooling equipment is running properly, you’ll also benefit from more effective moisture control.
- Safe operation. NATE-certified technicians can identify any issues that may compromise your family’s health and safety, such as equipment malfunctions, combustion fume leaks and contaminant infiltration. This ensures better indoor air quality and lowers the risk of fire and deadly carbon monoxide (CO) leaks.
- Expert advice. A NATE-certified technician can answer any questions, address your concerns and provide expert advice about steps you can take in between professional maintenance visits to keep the equipment running at peak efficiency.
- Fewer callbacks and repairs. When you trust a certified professional to take care of your HVAC equipment, any work performed is done right the first time. You’ll enjoy greater peace of mind that your furnace, A/C or heat pump won’t break down as often in the future, and you won’t need to call in about issues that develop due to improper installation.
At Sobieski Services, Inc., our goal is to help our customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey learn more about energy and home comfort issues – especially HVAC and plumbing issues – so that they can save money and live in healthier, more comfortable homes.
Photo Credit: Xurble via Compfight cc