Moisture Control Tips That Ensure A Healthy Home
As a homeowner, you know how important it is to safeguard your home from the damages caused by uncontrolled moisture settling into basement walls and rooftops. Moisture control tips can help you protect your home and the furniture and valuables inside. Proper moisture control not only enhances your air sealing system, but also helps you cut down your energy consumption.
Moisture control strategies primarily depend upon the climate. Homeowners should consider the tips below to help with indoor moisture control:
- Dew point: One of the best ways to control moisture is to trace the dew point of your home by having experts carrying out psychrometrics studies, which involves an analysis of the temperature of water condensation.
- Ventilation: Ensure that your home is ventilated via exhaust fans and a proper mechanical ventilation system. The use of exhaust fans can eliminate frequently produced moisture while keeping relative humidity below 50 percent.
- Basement walls: Water-logging tends to happen extensively on basement or foundation walls, so covering that adequately would also help.
- Keep dry: Simple as it sounds, keeping your home dry can be very useful. Wiping water from walls after showering and sealing any holes on basement walls would be a good idea. Check your roof regularly to find any leakage.
- Dehumidifier: You can also use a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air inside your home.
If you’d like more information about moisture control tips you can use in your Delaware-area home, contact the professionals at Sobieski Services.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wilmington, Delaware and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
Image Credit: seizethedave