How Sobieski Services Saved A Couple From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – Sobieski Services | DE, NJ, PA, MD

AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDER. Read our Statement on Coronavirus

Homeowners: 866-477-4404

Homeowners: 866-477-4404

How Sobieski Services Saved A Couple From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Did you know that most heating systems are sent from the manufacturer underfired, which, if left unadjusted, could lead to increasing utility costs? This is done as a safety precaution; however, not all HVAC technicians know how to make the proper adjustments safely and correctly.

It all starts with proper education and training. Two weeks ago, our HVAC technicians became certified by the National Comfort Institute for Carbon Monoxide Safety and Combustion. This certification enables our technicians to properly adjust any fuel-based system for max efficiency. The process entails taking a measurement of the BTUs before, executing the proper adjustment, and taking the measurement of the BTUs after in order to show improvement in efficiency. A

s of right now, Sobieski Services is the ONLY company in Delaware that is NCI Certified in this course. In addition, this class also explained the dangers of carbon monoxide and how to test for proper venting and combustion. The instructor introduced everyone to low level personal CO detectors, the CO Angel, which our technicians now carry on their belts at all times. Little did we know, the very first morning we distributed these devices, something incredible would happen.

When Sobieski Services HVAC technician Dave Iplenski walked into the home of an elderly couple, his CO detector went off almost immediately. Dave, who was responding to a “No Heat” call, recognized the urgency of the situation and contacted Mike Bullen, Service Manager. Even with the amount of gas appliances in the home, Mike and Dave were able to quickly identify the source – a ‘natural venting’ water heater – thanks to the CO detection device.

They identified a faulty installation by another contractor was causing the water heater to produce extremely high levels of carbon monoxide. What makes this even scarier? The water heater was in the utility room on the main floor of the couples’ home. Thanks to proper training, quick thinking, and the CO Angel carbon monoxide detection device, Dave and Mike were able to eliminate a dangerous, and potentially lethal, situation from a customer’s home.

To learn more about preventing carbon monoxide poisoning and other idoor air quality issues, contact Sobieski Services today. Our goal is to help educate our customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).

Contact Us Today:

Does your project, property or home need help?

Sobieski will find the right solution for you.





    NATE Certified logo
    HomeAdvisor Screened & Approved Contractor Logo
    Angie’s List 2013 Super Service Award logo
    HPAC Engineering Design Awards 2013 logo
    Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award logo