Homeowners Can Benefit From Home Advisor’s Tips For Energy Savings
Are you looking for ways to cut energy costs in your home? According to Energy Star’s Home Advisor, homeowners could save as much as 31 percent annually on their energy bills by using some of the following simple tips to increase energy savings:
- Seal off household air leaks: Improve the efficiency of your home by sealing air leaks using simple and cost-effective methods such as caulking, spray foam, and weatherstripping.
- Seal leaky ductwork: Leaky ducts can reduce the efficiency of your heating and cooling system by as much as 20 percent. Seal up duct leaks yourself using duct mastic and insulation, or let one of our trained technicians address the situation.
- Increase your insulation: Inadequate insulation can lead to significant heat loss throughout your household. Boost your system’s efficiency by improving the level of insulation in your attic, walls, and floors. Remember, each area requires a different R-value and insulation type to achieve the maximum effect. Let our trained technicians help you determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Switch to a programmable thermostat: Take control of energy consumption in your household by programming temperature settings to better accommodate your weekly routine. For example, if your family is out of the house during weekdays in the summer, set your programmable thermostat to keep the house at a higher, slightly warmer temperature during those hours to save on cooling bills.
- Upgrade to high-efficiency HVAC components: The higher the efficiency ratings of your heating and cooling components, the more energy you stand to save over the long term. For maximum energy savings, replace systems that are nearing ten years of age.
- Looking for products that carry the Energy Star label: Switching to Energy Star-qualified products can lead to significant energy savings, whether you’re upgrading your water heater or simply changing a light bulb.
While you may not be able to use each suggestion on Energy Star’s list, every little step you take will put you that much further along the road to energy savings.
If you’d like more information on how you can cut energy costs in your home without sacrificing your family’s comfort, speak with one of our trained technicians or comfort consultants. Contact Sobieski Services today for expert consultation. Our goal is to help educate our customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
Image Credit: armisteadbooker