Green Ways to Clean Your Plumbing Pipes
Plumbing is one of those subjects you rarely think about unless something goes wrong. When it does, you’ll find yourself with a mess on your hands and a plumbing bill. While all problems can’t be prevented, keeping an eye on your plumbing can help you prevent problems before they become major. Taking time to clean your plumbing pipes, as well as a little preventive maintenance, should help you from waking up to a large, messy surprise.
Why Green Cleaning
The environment has gotten to a point where we need to start being proactive when it comes to doing things with as little impact as possible on the rest of the world. When you think of plumbing, you don’t necessarily think green, but when you consider how the things going through your pipes impact the world as a whole, it makes sense to think green. The water from your pipes:
- Goes back into the lake, streams and ocean where animals drink
- Soaks into the surrounding ground that grows plants
- Eventually returns to you in the form of drinking water and showers.
How to Think Green
- When you go to clean your plumbing pipes, consider natural things found in your kitchen.
- Read packages and purchase items that have been declared free of harmful ingredients and are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Recycle any and all items used, including packages
- Take care of even small leaks immediately to save water.
- Hire plumbers who are committed to working in a way that protects the environment.
At Sobieski Services, our goal is to help educate our customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
Photo Credit: wwarby via Compfight cc