Did You Know Your Plumbing System Needs A Tune-Up?
Did you know that your plumbing system occasionally needs a tuneup? Most homeowners are aware that their HVAC system needs regular maintenance, but their plumbing system often gets overlooked.
Plumbing tuneups are best performed by a professional. While there are some things you can do, a qualified technician is trained to notice telltale clues that something is amiss. During a plumbing tuneup, a technician is likely to:
- Look for signs of leaks in pipes that are exposed.
- Test the water pressure. Low pressure may mean there is sediment in the lines, while pressure that is too high can lead to breakdowns in the system.
- Check each drain, sink or shower for rapid drainage. A clear drain will have a full swirl while draining.
- Check toilets for leaks, and to see if there are any worn or broken parts.
- Check for any broken or cracked tiles around sinks, showers or close to pipes. These could be a signal of past or present water damage that may need attention.
- Check the burner chamber of the water heater for signs of rust and flakes, and also check for proper flame.
- Check for leaks around faucet handles when turned on.
- Check washer hoses for signs of deterioration or leaks.
If you’re ready to have your plumbing inspected by a professional, contact the friendly experts at Sobieski Services.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image Credit: stuinaz