Air Conditioner Maintenance Pays Off In More Ways Than One
Before the hot weather gets here, the working condition of your air conditioning unit should be examined. You’ll want to make sure that your unit is working properly, now, so that your air conditioner can function well throughout summer. The last thing that you want to is to be stuck with a malfunctioning air conditioner when the hottest weather gets here.
A professionally applied air conditioner maintenance tune-up on your air conditioning unit will consider the following factors:
- Electrical Connections: Bad electrical connections will cause your unit to function improperly and can reduce the life of your unit significantly. They’re also dangerous.
- Thermostat Settings: The settings of your unit need to be checked to ensure that your air conditioner is working in the most efficient way possible. Some questions that may be asked: Is your air conditioning unit set to run when you’re away from home? Is it set at a lower temperature than it needs to be?
- Condensate Drain: Clogged/plugged drains can damage the humidity levels in your home. A professionally applied preventive maintenance checkup on your system will ensure that the humidity levels in your home remain at a healthy level.
- Lubrication: Certain parts of your air conditioning unit may not be lubricated adequately, which will cause friction. Too much friction in your system will raise the amount of energy needed to provide good comfort levels in your home.
- Refrigerant Level: Levels of refrigerant that are too high or too low will leave your unit functioning less efficiently.
- Evaporator and Condenser A/C Coils: Dirty coils in your air conditioning unit will reduce the life of your system and raise the cost of your monthly utility bills.
- Blower Components: Airflow problems in your unit can cause it’s efficiency to be reduced by up to 15 percent.
An air conditioner maintenance tune-up conducted by an expert will give you peace of mind in knowing that your air conditioner is in good working condition. With your unit running efficiently you will save money on your utility bills. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding heat pump maintenance, feel free to contact us at Sobieski Services. Our company serves West Chester, Wilmington, Newark, Bear, Middletown, Dover, Lewes and the surrounding areas.
Sobieski serves Wilmington, Delaware and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC & plumbing systems).
For more information about heat pump maintenance and other home comfort topics, visit our website today. Don’t forget to view our special offers to save money on service & more!
Image Credit: Morton Fox