5 Things to Know About Solar Heating
Solar heat systems harness the energy and heat produced by the sun to heat a home. These systems heat something, like water, that is circulated through the home’s heating system to improve the temperature inside the home. Effective and efficient, these are becoming the chosen heating option for energy-conscious customers. If you are in the market for a new furnace, solar heat is well worth considering first.
Benefits of Solar Heating
Are you considering solar heating for your home? This can be a great way to save money on energy bills over the winter. Here are five things to consider:
- Solar heating is affordable — Families can make back their investment through energy savings in as little as three to six years when installing solar heat systems.
- Solar heat works well in cold climates — Solar heating systems are the most effective in cold climates with a lot of sun during the winter months, although the systems can be used anywhere that sun is available often.
- Solar heating lasts a long time — Most systems come with warranties of up to 10 years, but these systems are designed to last much longer than this when installed correctly.
- You may be able to get a tax credit — Many states offer a form of tax credit or deduction for energy-efficient heating systems, like solar heat.
- Solar heat is a “green” heating option — Your heating system will create less air pollution and fewer greenhouse gases when you switch to solar heating because it uses no fossil fuels to heat your home.
If you are interested in installing a solar heat system in your home, you need the right help. Contact the experts at Sobieski Services, Inc. today.
At Sobieski Services, Inc., customers in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey learn more about energy and home comfort issues — especially HVAC and plumbing issues — so that they can save money and live in healthier, more comfortable homes.
Photo Credit: Paukner/Pixabay